The Interamerican Development Bank Group evaluates the results of the interventions it supports in the Development Effectiveness Overview (DEO)
Last August, the Inter-American Development Bank Group (IDB Group) presented its 2023 Annual Development Effectiveness Report (DEO), which highlights its performance, achievements and impact during the previous year. The report highlights the inclusion of critical topics in its new projects, such as gender equality, diversity and actions to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
Among the IDB Group’s achievements last year, the following stand out:
- 50 million beneficiaries of health services, contributing to the Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) of Health and Wellbeing (SDG 3).
- 3.8 million micro, small and medium-sized businesses financed, supporting SDG 8 of Decent Work and Economic Growth.
- 1.7 million women beneficiaries of economic empowerment initiatives, in line with SDG 5 on Gender Equality.
- 16,400 public officials trained in citizen security and justice, in support of SDG 16 of Peace, Justice and Solid Institutions.
- The annual DEO provides an opportunity to reflect on progress toward corporate goals and share lessons learned.
According to the report, the 2020-2023 Corporate Results Framework is used to monitor progress towards the IDB Group’s strategic objectives, and 81% of indicators have achieved or are on track to achieve their objectives. However, some indicators related to development effectiveness require improvement.
DEO 2023 examines the IDB Group’s approach to results-based management and how it is used to improve development effectiveness.
Additionally, the report highlights how IDB Invest and IDB Lab are strengthening their impact measurement approaches for projects and promoting the scalability of supported innovations.
Finally, the report highlights the importance of generating and sharing knowledge for evidence-based decision making in the region.
You can download the IDB Group’s 2023 Annual Development Effectiveness Report (DEO) here: https://publications.iadb.org/es/panorama-de-la-efecttividad-en-el-desarrollo-deo-2023
If you want to obtain more information about the business opportunities that the IDB offers to companies, register for the information pill that we organize next Tuesday the 17th. Don’t miss the opportunity! Write to us at: email@example.com